When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. DCR responds immediately and uses advanced equipment and techniques to remove the water quickly. DCR has specialized water damage restoration training and experience to quickly assess the damage and begin the restoration process.
After any water damage situation,
your primary focus should be safety:
Is it safe to stay in the house?
Electrical shock and “slip and fall” hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns. Please, only do activities that you know are safe for you to perform. Wet, saturated, soggy materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful, do not over work your back!!
What To Do After Water Damage
- Call US at Disaster Cleaning & Restoration as soon as possible
- Close the water main and/or shut off to the water source to stop flooding
- Take pictures of damage and begin an inventory list if it is safe to be in the building
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- If safe, turn on air conditioning for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Water Damage
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods
- Don’t leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don’t use television or other household appliances in affected area
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures, if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
Knoxville Region Manager
Tri-Cities Region Manager
Disaster Cleaning & Restoration
Disaster Cleaning & Restoration is a Division of Joseph Construction Company. DCR is an independent leader in the disaster restoration industry. Our technicians are fully trained and certified under the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) S500 guidelines.
DCR is available 24×7 to restore and clean your property. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. DCR will work with you and your insurance provider to restore your property to pre-loss conditions.