Fire / Smoke Damage
Fires can be especially devastating to your home or business. After the fire trucks leave, your property will likely have suffered from not only fire and smoke damage, but also widespread water damage. DCR has specialized fire and water damage restoration training and experience to quickly assess the damage and begin the restoration process.
After any fire damage situation,
your primary focus should be safety:
Is it safe to stay in the house?
Electrical shock and “slip and fall” hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns. Only do activities that are safe for you to perform. Wet, saturated, soggy materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful! Wear Respirator mask inside the house.
What To Do After A Fire
- Call US at Disaster Cleaning & Restoration as soon as possible
- Move kids and pets to a smoke free environment
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork
- Take pictures of damage and begin an inventory list if it is safe to be in the building
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open
- Open windows to allow air movement
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don’t attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting Disaster Cleaning & Restoration
- Don’t attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to the fire, heat, or water
- Don’t use any food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat, or water
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures, if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
- Don’t send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor and stains into the fabric
Knoxville Region Manager
Tri-Cities Region Manager
Disaster Cleaning & Restoration
Disaster Cleaning & Restoration is a Division of Joseph Construction Company. DCR is an independent leader in the disaster restoration industry. Our technicians are fully trained and certified under the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) S500 guidelines.
DCR is available 24×7 to restore and clean your property. When you are dealing with fire and smoke damage, immediate action is crucial. DCR will work with you and your insurance provider to restore your property to pre-loss conditions.